Thursday, June 29, 2006

Messages from the great Tom Peters

Apart from Tom communicating some meaasges which are listed below he is a truly nice guy. At the end of his presentation my pal Derek said , "Come on Will, let's go and meet him." Now I 'm not one for being slow coming forward but I did take a deep breath...and followed! He was an absolute gent gracious, polite and showed true gratitue we had taken the trouble to find him to say how much we enjoyed his presenation.
HIS MESSAGES
1 He quoted Charles Darwin "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

2 His continung theme throughout was excellence. he said it is regularly used in arts and sports but not some much in business.

3 "I'm just a travelling saleman who peddles ideas" ... Wow what a saleman and what ideas!

4 Just try new ideas. "Successful business act from day 1 . Others plan how to plan for months" Quote from Bloomberg

5 He told us he had been presenting for 26 years and made about 2500 speeches. He seems as sad as me at keeping statistics.
As I write I note I have presented to 27,653 people in the 6 years Kintish has been in business

6 Sam Waltons of Walmart's regular message was "Don't be afraid to fail"

Tags:

No comments: