Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The importance of remembering names

"If you want to win friends, make it a point to remember them. If you remember my name, you pay me a subtle compliment; you indicate that I have made an impression on you. Remember my name and you add to my feeling of importance."
Dale Carnegie When you meet people for the first time you say "Oh I forget their name within seconds." True?
No, you don't forget the name, you simply didn't hear it in the first place. The reason for that is you're simply not listening.You can often be nervous and / or want to make a great first impression.well, the best way to do this is to concentrate for just one second as they give their name. As you shake hands and listen, repeat their name and try and associate the name with something memorable. This could be either someone you know with the same name or try to rhyme it with another word. any trick to help you remember.
When we go networking, we are there "to win friends." so listen to what Dale Carnegie says on the subject.

No comments: