This is an acronym standing for Flipping heck, I’m good. Just ask me. I heard it said it was a nickname given by the Aussie cricket team to one of the
This could equally be applied to the vast majority of professional people who feel too proud to market themselves. It shows up in their thinking:
- If I'm great, people will finally discover me
- I'm lowering myself by self-promotion
- Promotion is boasting and I'm not a boaster
- People will think I'm like a used car salesperson
- I don't want to embarrass myself
- I don't want to put myself out there and be rejected
- People already know what I do, so why push it?
In today’s competitive world we all have no choice but to be visible and market ourselves in an appropriate manner.