Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hotels! You don't always get what you pay for.

I spend my life in hotels so feel i am an expert on what is good and what isn't . last night I stayed at the Ibis in Lincoln...less than £50.But wow, what a warm greeting I got from Lee the receptionist. I had 2 rooms booked but one of my colleagues was ill but forogt to cancel. "Don't wory, Mr Kintish we all make mistakes" and she didn't charge me. She sorted a tray of foofd out as I wanted to eat upstairs and she couldn't have been more pleasant.
I stay in big hotels charging £200+ . Are the staff there so nice? Never...well rarely.
Hotel chains spend billions on making the place look good but I often wonder how much they spend on staff training for customer care?
Well done Lee, you deserve a pay rise and a promotion!

No comments: