Tuesday, May 16, 2006

First impressions…don’t always count.

I arrived all hot and bothered today at a client’s premises. The taxi had arrived late, the sun was hot even before 9 am and when I saw the room I was to do the training…well, I just wanted to turn around and go home.
We were to work in what I can best describe as a ‘posh cellar’! The sun was streaming in, no aircon…what a disastrous start!

But I did receive a warm welcome from Head of HR and what a wonderful day I then had. The sun rose (as it normally does), we kept the door open meaning the temperature was just right and then we laughed. Did we laugh? What a great and appreciative audience. Architects who are like all other professionals; great at their area of expertise but well outside their comfort zone when it came to business development in general and networking in particular.
I hope they turn their new-found knowledge into new skills by practising what was taught today.

No comments: