Saturday, July 22, 2006

"Do you have any idea who I am?"

An award should go to the gate attendant at Brisbane New International
airport. A crowded Singapore -London flight was cancelled. She was the
lone attendant in charge of re-booking a long line of inconvenienced
travellers.

Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his
ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it
HAS to be FIRST CLASS".

The attendant replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you,
but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work
something out." The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the
passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address
microphone: May I have your attention please? May I have your attention
please?" she began. With her voice being heard clearly throughout the
terminal, she said, "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW
WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate
14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at
the attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "F*^#"... You!" Without
flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in
line for that too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»