- Be visible. In other words go networking, externally and internally if you are employed by a bigger organisation
- Be persistent. Keep following up in a professional manner. In business 'no' normally means 'not yet' so keep asking permission to keep in touch
- Be reliable. Do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it.
- Become a life- long leaner. As I was exercising my body in the gym today I listened to the monthly edition of the great audio tape Achievers Edge produced by Peter Thomson, my guru. For me this months starting section was a gem. He said the following questions can be used in all sorts of situations
- Where are you now?
- Where have you come from?
- Where are you hoping to get to?
- Why do you want to get there?
- What challenges do you face on the way?
- How do you hope to achieve that goal?
I will be asking my audiences to ask these sort of questions when out networking.
Thank you, Peter.
That's what I learnt today